Are you a caring person that’s passionate about making a difference to the lives of vulnerable people?
Here at Bluebird Care, we have a fantastic opportunity for a dedicated Care Assistant to join us based in the Epping and Harlow surrounding areas.
The main purpose of the role is to support customers with all aspects of their day to day living, so they can enjoy the best possible quality of life. You will mostly work alone with the customer in their home providing care and support. Assisting them with washing, bathing, toileting, prompting or assisting with medication, meal preparation, light domestic chores and companionship.- Competitive Salary £8.50ph during the week / £9.50ph at weekends / £15ph Bank Holidays.
In return, we offer you a competitive salary and fantastic benefits including:
- Paid travel time between calls (paid at the basic hourly rate)
- Mileage paid at 30p per mile
- Paid, for short notice cancelled calls
- Paid holiday - dependant on the hours worked (Pro-rata)
- Paid Training and Shadowing a senior member of staff at the beginning of your career journey
- Career and progression and Further accredited training (NVQ’S/QCF/NFCE)
- Refer a family or friend scheme £80 (Terms and conditions apply)
- Company Pension Scheme
- Staff benefit scheme, including private Healthcare and NHS top-up
- Free uniform
- Flexible working and alternative weekend shifts
- Part of the Care Workers Charity - Offering financial support and advice
- Ongoing support from colleagues and office staff
Bluebird Care Responsibilities to our Care Assistants:
- Give anti-discriminatory care and support that values the whole person rather than merely seeing a list of care needs
- Respect each customers’ choice about how their care and support is given
- Assist them with personal care
- Prompt or assist with medication, meal preparation, light domestic chores and companionship
- Safely use aids and personal equipment in a manner that respects the dignity of customers
- Monitor and record your visit details on our PASS system
- Report any changes or causes for concern to your line manager promptly
- Manual handling
Skills required by our Care Assistants:
- You will have a caring attitude with a passion for helping others
- Be reliable and punctual
- Have good written and speaking English
- Be respectful in the way you deal with people
- Have a full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle
So, if you want to be part of our family, why not apply today to join Bluebird Care as a Care Assistant today!