Search are working with a innovative and progressive food manufacturing business who are currently looking to hire a dynamic and forward thinking process technologist into their great process team based in South Yorkshire.
As a process technologist you will be tasked with ensuring the development of new products from New Product Development (NPD) through to successful production launch, ensuring that product consistency is achieved throughout the entire process (from trial and testing stages to full production). It is important that process operating procedures and specifications are written correctly for each new product and available for relevant colleagues. i.e the line passports. You will also be required to ensure that all line data is correct in the following areas - shift reports, downtime reports, SAP notifications to guarantee all loss eradication activities are developed from clear loss data. To allow the area leadership team to work from a fact-based position. You will be tasked with Identifying critical issues, leading improvement activities, measuring yields ensuring all aspects of quality, safety and customer expectations are complied to. You will be responsible for driving and leading change and continuous improvement within your area as well as assisting others in the implementation of change and provide feedback for improvement for the processes in which you are involved.
* Ensuring all work meets in-house and customer standards for food safety, quality and safety.
* Support initial production runs and being available to trouble shoot and provide expert advice if necessary.
* Working with engineering and production to develop solutions to production issues, while maintaining food safety.
* Working with CDM's suppliers on quality issues and new product ideas.
* Training and upskilling of colleagues ensuring ways of working with process and equipment are standardised (delivery of training will be in accordance with the departmental training requirements and business needs; recording training and competence assessments)
* Scheduling and managing process production line trials and revaluations making sure that everything has gone to plan.
* Building strong relationships with R&D technologists/NPD, production, technical, engineering and other colleagues who will be involved with the development.
* Understanding company production processes and flagging up any potential issues or concerns to R&D technologists/NPD staff at early development stages.
* Facilitating customer visits during process production trials.
* In conjunction with the planner and CDM develop practical schedules for process product launch.
* Liaising with purchasing colleagues to ensure that all incoming stock for initial production runs is in place.
* Support and advice with the preparation of product costings based on raw materials and manufacturing costs to ensure profitable products.
* Conducting ongoing investigations into production processes and making recommendations for improvements if necessary.
* Ensuring all products are costed thoroughly after production trials and prior to full production.
* Support packaging technologists to work on packaging innovation and technology.
* Developing the ability to repeat processes to ensure consistency and safety.
* Active adherence to the safety, legality and quality of food produced.
* Adhere to the group health and safety policy, following all company policies and procedures that have been put in to place to ensure your welfare and that of others. Being mindful that the health and safety and wellbeing at work is everyone's responsibility.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Experience of working in a similar role within a fast paced food manufacturing environment.
* Minimum Level 2 food Hygiene and Food Safety
* Well versed in BRC V8
* Extensive knowledge of HACCP
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.